Corbin and I have been married 3 and 1/2 months. That only can mean two things:
1.We've made it longer than Kim Kardashian
2. We've made it through 3 menstrual cycles
Both of which are accomplishments in case you were wondering.
Since we've been engaged and even now, people have been telling us what marriage is like and what to expect. So I wanted to share with you what I've found to be myths and truths about marriage. (These apply to us not necessarily everyone)
- "Little things about your spouse will drive you crazy... Like how they eat their oatmeal!" - WHAT. THE. CRAP?!? First of all... Neither of us eat oatmeal.. Second of all... I can't even imagine a way that someone could possibly eat oatmeal that would drive me crazy? MTYH. (Although Corbin does squeeze the toothpaste tube from the top and not the bottom... but we've had our "talks" about that.)
- "Being domestic is fun"- HA.... And that's all I have to say about that... MYTH
- "Do ONE nice thing a day for your spouse."- MYTH-- do 2.
- "Splitting up holidays between families is hard." A-FREAKING-MEN. It was pretty much that movie Four Christmases. (I've never really seen that, I'm just judging off the title so don't hold me accountable for any content in the duration of the film.) TRUTH
- "DIYS will become addicting and your new pass time"- Who am I and what have I done with Jenna?! TRUTH
- "Laundry isn't too bad for just two people" Not when you're living proof that the myth about "losing socks in the laundry" is true. And not when you had never done laundry before you got married... MYTH.
- "Transitioning to sharing a bed with someone is easy. You'll love it!"- For me: TRUTH, for Corbin: MYTH. A diagonal starfish is my position of choice while sleeping.... This leaves Corbin with 1/5 of the bed. (And don't think that's a random number... He measured.)
- "The first year of marriage is so hard."- For us, this has been a myth for sure. Yes, we have our moments, but it's been a really easy and fun transition for the both of us. We dated for longer than the average Mormon couple and knew each other better than the back of our hands before we got married. I think that has helped a ton to make it extremely easy. I can honestly say there have been no "surprises" for either of us about living with each other. (How creepy is that term "surprises" while talking about that?!)
- "Get Neflix."- TRUTH! Best decision we've made in our marriage thus far. Expect.. we didn't really "get" Netflix.. So shout out and a big thanks to my sister Katie for letting us use her account!
- "Marriage is the best thing ever."- TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH! I don't mean to get all sappy and stuff but it really has been. It helps that Corbin might be the easiest person ever to be married to. But it gets better and better each and everyday and I wouldn't change it for anything.
I hope you enjoyed,
Meeting The Robinsons